Monopoly Game Rules
One game has always been a favorite with all people belonging to all age groups and that is Monopoly. The game has its fans across borders and all around the world. Still, a lot of people are unaware of all the rules of this game. It is imperative to know and understand Monopoly Game Rules in order to be a champion while playing this game. Let us have a closer look at the Monopoly Game Rules:
- Build Hotels: Many people think that they only need to have four houses on every property in group color before they can actually start buying hotels. Well, it is not correct. Apart from this condition, optimum number of houses should be available in the bank as well. In absence of enough houses, one cannot buy hotels.
- Going to Jail:If as a player one goes in the jail then even though he scores doubles, his turn will come to an end. Such a player will not get an opportunity to roll again.
- Income Tax:As a player, if a person ends up on income tax block after passing GO, his money worth $200 is included in his total worth. In this case a player gets to decide whether he wants to pay 10% of his total worth of $200.
- Fine amount in case of Utilities: A player is not required to roll again to determine the amount of fine on utilities. The numbers which come from the dice in first roll are considered for the fine amount.
- Together try to win:Mergers are not considered as part of the official Monopoly Game Rules, however, there are many players who add it in their personal rule book. In this situation, two players can decide to play together as partners. In such a situation, the assets of both the players cannot be combined. Instead of this, one of the two players has to quit the game and then the second one continues playing.
- Quitting the Monopoly Game:At any point of time, if a player wishes to quit the game then his assets are returned to the bank. The player can not gift his assets to any other player. Yes of course, a player can decide to sell off his property to some other player however gifting is not possible.
- No immunity against rent:At no point in the game a player can offer immunity to another player against rent.
Players often forget these simple rules and end up losing the game. There are many people who have twisted the rules of this game as per their convenience however the fun of playing Monopoly is more when played with the original rules of the game. Monopoly Game Rules were designed keeping in mind all the possibilities in this game and hence one should follow them to play the game in the best and accurate manner. If one plays the game with all the rules then the chances of disagreements on various things can be avoided and game can be enjoyed thoroughly.